Our Family Immune Syrup is full of antioxidants and minerals, including folic acid, vitamin C and vitamin D3. We use black elderberry and acerola cherry. These are fantastic natural sources in supporting your immune system.
Why should i take family immune syrup?
Family Immune Syrup is ideal for the whole family as it can be taken from 6 months and throughout adulthood. With the temperature dropping and winter on its way, now is the perfect time to start taking Family Immune Syrup. High in antioxidants and vitamin C, our black elderberry syrup is perfect for fighting of cold and flu symptoms.
We recommend, as an adult, that you take a 5ml dose of Family Immune Syrup 3-4 times a day. Under 12s should take a dose twice a day and only once a day for children aged 6 months to 4 years old. There’s lots of ways to incorporate Family Immune Syrup into your diet, let’s look at some ways you can get creative with it.
Keep it cold
Once opened, it is best to keep your Family Immune Syrup in the fridge. You may notice that the following recipes are cold, this is because heating or cooking our black elderberry syrup may destroy the flavonoids, which give the syrup their antioxidant properties.
Smoothie bowls are similar to regular smoothies; they are thicker, with the consistency of sorbet. Because of this thick texture, you can layer your favorite toppings and eat it out of the bowl! This makes for a great breakfast or healthy dessert.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (berries work great)
- A handful of spinach or kale
- 5ml of Family Immune Syrup
- fruit juice or nut milk
- Toppings of choice (fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes)
Like any regular smoothie you can use any fruit or veg you like! Feel free to swap ingredients to ones that suit you better!
Blend all your ingredients together (except your toppings) in a blender until you have a thick consistency. If you are using fresh fruit, add more ice! Keep adding ice or juice/milk to get your desired consistency. When you have the a thick texture, pour into a bowl and add your desired toppings.
Family Immune Syrup is a fantastic way to start your day, so what better way than to incorporate the elderberry syrup into your breakfast.
Here are some great ways to do this:
- Drizzle over Greek yoghurt, fruit and granola for a healthy balanced meal
- Drizzle on your morning pancakes or waffles as a healthy and antioxidant filled alternative to butter/syrup.
- Add to your jam to spread onto your toast. Very tasty!
- With your orange juice! Add to your glass before pouring in your juice, makes a tasty fruit infusion with extra vitamin C!
Not all deserts have to be unhealthy! The sweet and tangy taste of our Family Immune Syrup adds a great twist to any dessert.
Here’s some to try:
- A sauce for your ice cream: Scrap the strawberry sauce, our elderberry Family Immune Syrup tastes delicious drizzled over vanilla ice cream. A great option for kids!
- Drizzled over fruit: A healthier option- try our Family Immune Syrup over tangy fruit such as kiwi, orange and pineapple. Also tastes great drizzled over banana and strawberries!
- Ice Lollies: Dilute the syrup with water and then freeze it for delicious homemade ice lollies.
Elderberry syrup is a great option to add to your drinks- both alcoholic and non alcoholic.
COCKTAILS (any of these can be made mocktails, just don’t add alcohol!)
- Elderberry Lemonade: Add to lemonade for a sweet and fruity drink
- Elderberry Mojito: Muddle mint leaves with lime juice and sugar, add elderberry Family Immune Syrup with white rum into a glass filled with ice, top with soda water.
- Elderberry Prosecco: add elderberry syrup to prosecco
- Gin Fizz: Add your favorite gin with some Family Immune Syrup. Add some prosecco and top with soda water.
Our Elderberry syrup will help you fight of cold and flu symptoms in the upcoming months and is perfect for the whole family. What are you waiting for? Start taking Family Immune Syrup today!Buy now!